|Applicant:||McD Real Estate Holdings|
|Owner:||McD Real Estate Holdings|
|Location||3701 & 3705 Weems Road, 071-007-005 & 071-007-006|
|Current Zoning Classification:|
NC (Neighborhood Commercial) & GC (General Commercial) with conditions
1. Billboards shall not be allowed on this property.
2. Fuel trucks shall not exceed 33 feet in length.
3. The principal use shall be limited to a convenience store with gas sales only.
4. A 15-foot undisturbed natural buffer shall be maintained by the property owner on the rear property line.
No garbage pick-up or deliveries shall be permitted between the hours of 5:00 pm and 7:00 am.
|Proposed Zoning Classification:||GC (General Commercial)|
|Current Use of Property:||Veterinarian Clinic & Convenience Store|
|Proposed Use of Property:||Veterinarian Clinic|
|Council District:||District 2 (Davis)|
|Planning Advisory Commission's Recommendation:||Approval based on the staff report and compatibility with existing land uses.|
|Planning Departments Recommendation:||Approval based on compatibility with existing land uses.|
|Fort Benning's Rcommendation:||N/A|
|General Land Use:|
Planning Area A
|Environmental Impacts:||The property does not lie within the floodway and floodplain area. The developer will need an approved drainage plan prior to issuance of a Site Development permit, if a permit is required.|
|City Services:||Property is served by all city services.|
|Traffic Impact:||Traffic Impact will increase by 59 AADT (Average Annual Daily Trips) on Weems Road. LOS should remain at B for Weems Road.|
|Surrounding Zoning:||North – RMF2 (Residential Multi-family 2)|
South – SFR2 (Single Family Residential 2)
East – NC (Neighborhood Commercial)
West – NC (Neighborhood Commercial)
|Reasonableness of Request||The request is compatible with existing land-uses. This will bring supporting services to the residential developments surrounding the area. |
|Buffer Requirements||The site shall include a category A buffer along all property lines bordered by the RMF2 zoning district. The 3 options under category A are: |
1) 5 feet with a certain amount of canopy trees, under story trees, and shrubs / ornamental grasses per 100 linear feet.
2) 10 feet with a certain amount of shrubs / ornamental grasses per 100 linear feet and a wood fence or masonry wall.
3) 20 feet undisturbed natural buffer.
|Attitude of Property Owners:||Forty-one (41) property owners within 300 feet of the subject properties were notified of the rezoning request. The Planning Department received two calls and zero emails regarding the rezoning.|
|Attachments:||Concept Design.pdfLand Use.pdfFuture Land Use.pdf|