MINUTES OF THE
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS COMMITTEE
March 5, 2015
Captain Freddie Blackmon
Reather Hollowell, Ex-Officio
Pamela Hodge, Ex-Officio
Lisa Goodwin, Ex-Officio
Captain Clinton Woods
CALL TO ORDER
AGENDA AND DISCUSSIONS
Reather Hollowell discussed healthcare for the 2016 plan year. The healthcare summary was as follows:
1. Prescription Drug Plan RFP – Prescription drugs remain a significant component of the total healthcare dollars. Because of this, an RFP was done to select a new pharmacy benefit management (PBM) organization to assist in efforts to control cost and modify the prescription plan without impacting members.
2. Healthcare Plan Design – There are currently three medical plans; HMO, POS/PPO and the Health & Wellness Center.
3. Post 65 Retiree Private Exchange – A review and analysis of moving the post 65 retirees to a private exchange model. Ninety-two percent (92%) of the retirees would be better off with an average savings of $1,461 annually.
4. Health and Wellness Center – A review and analysis of allowing all employees, regardless of plan, access to the Health & Wellness Center. The operation of the Health & Wellness is center is being reviewed and analyzed to create a
long-term plan to embed wellness in the CCG’s culture.
5. Cost Sharing Ratio – In FY2015, City Council adopted employer-employee cost sharing ratio. The ratio is 70/30 employer/employee and 50/50:30 employer/pre-65 retiree & dependents.
6. Medical Plan RFP - RFP was completed for group medical benefits (health, dental and vision) for employees and pre-65 retirees. Providers reviewed were United Healthcare, Aetna, CIGNA and BCBSGA. BCBSGA has the highest rate of discounts and is a better plan option for CCG.
There being no further business, a motion was made to adjourn.
Next Committee Meeting: Wednesday, June 5, 2015, 10:00AM, Ground Floor Conference Room.