|Applicant:||Tiger Creek Development/David B. Erickson|
|Owner:||Karen B. Clarke|
|Location||8800 Veterans Parkway|
|Current Zoning Classification:||RE1 (Residential Estate 1)|
|Proposed Zoning Classification:||PUD (Planned Unit Development)|
|Current Use of Property:||Undeveloped|
|Proposed Use of Property:||Single Family Homes|
|Council District:||District 6 (Allen)|
|Planning Advisory Commission's Recommendation:||Conditional Approval based on the fact that the request is compatible with existing land uses and consistent with the Future Land Use map of the 2028 Comprehensive Plan. The recommended conditions are proposed when the applicant was requesting an SFR4 (Single Family Residential) zoning district. That request has since been amended to a PUD and the recommended conditions are no longer valid. |
|Planning Departments Recommendation:||Conditional Approval based on the fact that the request is compatible with existing and future land uses. The recommended conditions are:|
1) Roadway access to the property from Veterans Parkway (US 27) shall be as shown on a plat dated December 20, 2013 by EMC Engineering Services, Inc. named Conceptual Master Plan or as otherwise specified by the Columbus Traffic Engineering Division.
2) An Intersection Sight Distance (ISD) Easement shall be conveyed to the developer as specified by the Traffic Engineering Division on the west side of Veterans Parkway (US 27) as shown on a plat dated December 20, 2013 by EMC Engineering Services, Inc. and named Intersection Sight Distance plan. Said easement shall be approved by the Traffic Engineering Division and recorded in the Office of the Clerk of Superior Court prior to issuance of any permits for the property subject to rezoning.
3) Allow an intersection to be constructed along Veterans Parkway at an interval of less than 800 feet to an interval of 468.92 feet as shown on a plat dated December 20, 2013 by EMC Engineering Services, Inc. and named D.O.T. Access Plan.
4) The ISD easement shall be maintained by the developer for a period of three years, to prevent any vegetation or other obstructions from interfering with Intersection Sight Distance to the entrance/exit of the proposed subdivision. Upon the conclusion of this three year timeframe, the owner of the property where the easement lies is responsible for maintenance of said easement.
5) Maximum lot coverage shall not exceed 55% percent.
6) No access shall be permitted through Oriana Drive during construction.
7) The development shall adhere to the characteristics of the attached PUD site plan.
8) The developer shall be subject to the major amendments attached to this ordinance.
|Fort Benning's Rcommendation:||N/A.|
|General Land Use:||Consistent|
Planning Area A
Land Use Designation:
Single Family Residential
|Environmental Impacts:||The property lies within the floodway and floodplain area. The developer will need an approved drainage plan prior to issuance of a Site Development permit, if a permit is required.|
|City Services:||Property is served by all city services.|
|Traffic Impact:||This rezoning request does not anticipate generating a negative impact on the transportation network. |
Note: Veteran’s Pkwy from Turnberry Lane to SR 315 in Harris County is a T-SPLOST Project and is scheduled for widening in Band 3 – (Years 2020-2022).
This site shall meet the Codes and regulations of the Columbus Consolidated Government for residential usage.
|Surrounding Zoning:||North – RE1 (Residential Estate 1)|
South – PUD (Planned Unit Development)/SFR1 & 3 (Single Family Residential 1 & 3)
East – RE1 & 5 (Residential Estate 1 & 5)/ SFR1 (Single Family Residential 1)
West – PUD (Planned Unit Development)/ RE1 (Residential Estate 1)
|Reasonableness of Request||The request compatible with existing land uses.|
Anticipated Impact on School
North Columbus Elementary School (PK – 5)
Veterans Memorial Middle School (6 – 8)
Northside High School (9 – 12)
89 Single Family Units: 89 x 24% = 21 students (21.3)
|Buffer Requiremnts||The proposed development shall meet the buffer requirements for Master Planned Developments as defined in the UDO.|
|Attitude of Property Owners:||Fifty One (51) property owners within 300 feet of the subject properties were notified of the rezoning request. The Planning Department has received two inquiries and two comments in opposition. Their main concern is about serenity in the Promenades neighborhood and the possibility of using their roads as thoroughfare for the new community. Also, concern about the creek located in the back of the property, traffic and access to the site as well as buffers.|
|Additional Information:||The purpose of this rezoning request is to build 90 lots various houses ranging from 1,800-2,500 sq. ft.|
The applicant has negotiated an agreement with the adjacent property owner to encroach his property to build the main access to the site.
|Attachments:||Aerial Land Use Map |
Future Land-Use Map
REZN-8-13-2723 CNCL Letter for PUD.pdfALL.pdf
13-7104C_B02 GDOT SIGHT (1).pdf13-7104C_B02 GDOT ACCESS (1).pdf