|Applicant:||George W. Mize Jr.|
|Owner:||North Highland Assembly of God, INC.|
|Location||7201, 7221 & Part of 7001 Livingston Drive, 081-001-020, 081-001-021 & part of 072-003-004A|
|Current Zoning Classification:||SFR1 (Single Family Residential 1)|
|Proposed Zoning Classification:||GC (General Commercial)|
|Current Use of Property:||Vacant and Residential|
|Proposed Use of Property:||General Retail|
|Council District:||District 2 (Davis)|
|Planning Advisory Commission's Recommendation:||Approval based on the staff report and compatibility with existing land uses.|
|Planning Departments Recommendation:||Conditional approval based on compatibility with existing land uses.|
Conditions are –
1. Buffering shall include a 20-foot landscaped strip to be designed by a registered landscape architect located along the 412 –foot common property line with 7007 Livingston Drive as well as a 8-foot shadow box wooden fence. A 30-foot undisturbed naturally vegetated buffer shall be maintained along the southwest property line with the Georgia Power Easement.
2. The developer shall pay for the installation of signalization at the main entrance of the development along Whittlesey Boulevard.
3. The developer shall install a third lane along the parcels boundary with Whittlesey Boulevard.
4. The developer shall lengthen and improve the westerly bound left turning lane on Whittlesey Boulevard.
5. The following list shall be prohibited uses.
· Storage Yards for damaged or confiscated automobiles
· Cemeteries and mausoleums
· Drive-In Theater
· Adult entertainment Establishment
· Flea market
· Bowling alley
· Night club or discotheque
· Second hand store
· Mobile home park or trailer court (except temporary use for construction trailers)
· Dumping, disposing, incineration, or reduction of garbage (exclusive or appropriately screened dumpsters to service any building)
· Any fire sale, bankruptcy sale (unless pursuant to a court order)
· Central laundry or dry cleaning plant or laundromat
· Automobile, truck or RV sales, leasing, display or repair
· Skating rink,
· Living quarters, sleeping apartments, or lodging rooms
· Pawn shop
· Bingo club
· Auction house
· Establishment selling pornographic materials
· Tattoo parlor
· “Head shop” or business or facility selling, supplying, dispensing or distributing Marijuana or products or by-products derived therefrom, whether by prescription, medical recommendation or otherwise.
All development lights shall be directed internally.
|Fort Benning's Rcommendation:||N/A|
|General Land Use:|
Planning Area A
|Environmental Impacts:||The property does not lie within the floodway and floodplain area. The developer will need an approved drainage plan prior to issuance of a Site Development permit, if a permit is required.|
|City Services:||Properties are served by all city services.|
|Traffic Impact:||Traffic volumes on Whittlesey Boulevard have an AADT of 16,383. The total net new trips will be 5011. Total projected AADT will be 21,394. Projected level of service (LOS) will drop from a level B to a level C. A.M. peak times are from 11:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. and P.M. peak times are 5:00 P.M. to 6;00 P.M.|
|Surrounding Zoning:||North – GC (General Commercial)|
South – SFR1 (Single Family Residential 1)
East – SFR1 (Single Family Residential 1)
West – GC (General Commercial)
|Reasonableness of Request||The request is compatible with existing land-uses. This use conforms with the current uses within the commercial node.|
|Buffer Requirements||The site shall include a Category C buffer along all property lines bordered by the SFR1 zoning districts. The 3 options under Category C are: |
1) 20 feet with a certain amount of canopy trees, under story trees, and shrubs / ornamental grasses per 100 linear feet.
2) 10 feet with a certain amount of shrubs / ornamental grasses per 100 linear feet and a wood fence or masonry wall.
30 feet undisturbed natural buffer.
|Attitude of Property Owners:||Forty-four (44) property owners within 300 feet of the subject properties were notified of the rezoning request. The Planning Department received zero calls and zero emails regarding the rezoning.|
|Attachments:||Future Land Use Map.pdfLand Use Map.pdfLocation Map.pdf|