An Ordinance amending the Zoning Atlas of the Consolidated Government of Columbus, Georgia; this amendment changes certain boundaries of a district located at
8800 Veterans Parkway
RE1 (Residential Estate 1) Zoning District to PUD (Planned Unit Development) Zoning District.
THE COUNCIL OF COLUMBUS, GEORGIA, HEREBY ORDAINS:
That the Zoning Atlas on file with the Planning Department be, and the same is hereby amended by changing the aforementioned property from RE1 (Residential Estate 1) Zoning District to PUD (Planned Unit Development) Zoning District:
BEGINNING at an iron pin located at the northwestern comer of the property along Veteran's Parkway, and from said point of the beginning running thence south 66 degree 21minutes 00 seconds east, a distance of 842.68 feet to an iron pin; running thence south 00 degrees 00 minutes 00 seconds east a distance of 25.08 feet to an iron pin; running thence south 81 degrees 52 minutes 00 seconds west, a distance of 888.63 feet to an iron pin; thence running south 81 degrees 52 minutes 00 seconds east, a distance of 622.10 feet to a pin; thence running south 03 degrees 49 minutes 00 seconds east, a distance of 594.00 feet to a point; thence running south 88 degrees 00 minutes 00 seconds west, a distance of 611.22 feet to a pin; thence running south 86 degrees 02 minutes 00 seconds west, a distance of 1033.69 feet to a pin; thence running south 86 degrees 02 minutes 00 seconds west, a distance of 132.68 feet to a pin; thence running north 07 degrees 29 minutes 00 seconds west, a distance of 638.92 feet to a pin; thence running north 43 degrees 23 minutes 00 seconds, a distance of 794.93 feet to a pin; thence running northeast 113.99 feet on a radius of 938.18 feet to the point of beginning.
The above-described property is being rezoned subject to the following conditions:
1. Roadway access to the property from Veterans Parkway (US 27) shall be as shown on a plat dated December 20, 2013 by EMC Engineering Services, Inc. named Conceptual Master Plan or as otherwise specified by the Columbus Traffic Engineering Division.
2. An Intersection Sight Distance (ISD) Easement shall be conveyed to developer as specified by the Traffic Engineering Division on the west side of Veterans Parkway (US 27) as shown on a plat dated December 20, 2013 by EMC Engineering Services, Inc. and named Intersection Sight Distance plan. Said easement shall be approved
by the Traffic Engineering Division and recorded in the Office of
the Clerk of Superior Court prior to issuance of any permits for the property subject to rezoning.
3. Allow an intersection to be constructed along Veterans Parkway at an interval of less than 800 feet to an interval of 468.92 feet as shown on a plat dated December 20, 2013 by EMC Engineering Services, Inc. and named D.O.T. Access Plan.
4. The ISD easement shall be maintained by the developer for a period of three years, to prevent any vegetation or other obstructions from interfering with Intersection Sight Distance to the entrance/exit of the proposed subdivision. Upon the conclusion of this three year timeframe, the owner of the property where the easement lies is responsible for maintenance of said easement.
5. Maximum lot coverage shall not exceed 55 percent.
6. No access shall be permitted through Oriana Drive during construction.
7. The development shall adhere to the characteristics of the attached PUD site plan.
8. The developer shall be subject to the major amendments attached to this ordinance.
9. The developer or successor in interest shall maintain a 100-foot undisturbed natural buffer along the eastern property line of the property subject to rezoning.
10. Buffering on the south and west property lines adjacent to existing residential uses shall include the following:
(a) Trees planted shall be large maturing species with a minimum trunk caliper of three inches at planting.
(b) Trees shall be planted at thirty-foot intervals and arranged to complement the existing adjoining landscaped buffer.
(c) Red maple species and cultivars shall not be selected due to poor overall performance in the area.
(d) At least 50 percent of required trees shall be large maturing evergreen varieties that mature with dense crowns. Pines shall not be permitted to fill this requirement.
(e) The complete landscaped buffer shall be installed prior to acceptance of any development section by the Planning Department.
(f) The buffer requirements contained herein shall be permanent as to developer or any successor in interest.
Introduced at a regular meeting of the Council of Columbus, Georgia held on the 25
day of February, 2014; introduced a second time at a regular meeting of said Council held on the _______ day of _________, 2014 and adopted at said meeting by the affirmative vote of ____
members of said Council.
Councilor Allen voting__________.
Councilor Baker voting__________.
Councilor Barnes voting_________.
Councilor Davis voting
Councilor Henderson voting______.
Councilor Huff voting___________.
Councilor McDaniel voting_______.
Councilor Pugh voting___________.
Councilor Thomas voting_________.
Councilor Woodson voting________.
TINY B. WASHINGTON, CLERK TERESA PIKE TOMLINSON, MAYOR