Agenda Report # ____
A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION OF A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT WITH COLUMBUS POLICE DEPARTMENT FOR $50,000.00 FOR THE PURPOSE OF FUNDING THE INITIATIVES OF DARE TO BE GREAT.
WHEREAS, Columbus Police Department has the DARE to be GREAT program to impact the lives of juveniles to reduce the rate of drug usage, pregnancy and gang activity and,
WHEREAS, the Columbus Office of Crime Prevention has authorized funding under the Crime Prevention Program for this project in the amount of $50,000.00 to the DARE to be GREAT Program.
NOW, THEREFORE, THE COUNCIL OF COLUMBUS, GEORGIA, HEREBY RESOLVES AS FOLLOWS:
The Mayor is hereby authorized to enter into a one-year contract through the Columbus Office of Crime Prevention with Columbus Police Department for $50,000.00 for funding the DARE to be GREAT Program. Funds are budgeted in the FY16 budget: Other Local Option Sales Tax, Crime Prevention Program.
The Dare to be Great program is a summer camp that will provide children the opportunity to experience a wide range of activities that will reinforce positive behavior. The lessons focus on five major areas:
Name of Organization: Columbus Police Department
Address: 510 10th Street, Columbus, GA 31902
CEO/Executive Director: Chief Ricky T Boren
Contact Person/ Title: Sgt Donald M Bush
Telephone and email: 706-653-3173 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Has the applicant organization ever received a grant from COCP? X Yes No
If yes, when was the grant made? 2014 Was a final report submitted?
X Yes _____No
Project period (full life of project) July 1, 2015 thru June 30, 2016
Where, specifically, will it occur? Muscogee County School District
Approximately how many people will benefit from the project? 600 children
Grant amount requested (must be no more than 90% of total project expense)$132,480.00
Total project revenue and support (from line 3, pg. 6) None
Total project expenses (from line 12, pg. 7) $167,100.00
C. Project Budget
Project Revenue and Support
Other Revenue None
2. Support (indicate with * if already committed) None
Corporate support None
Foundation support None
Other private support None
Other County agency None
Organizations cash applied to project None
3. TOTAL PROJECT REVENUE AND SUPPORT None
4. Personnel (give as much detail as possible) (In kind police salaries $34,620)
(paid teachers’ salaries $26,880.00)
Subtotal, Personnel $61,500.00
5. Consultants and professional fees ______________________________________
Subtotal, Consultants and professional fees ___________
6. Supplies and equipment Shirts, pencils, Arts & Crafts, Snacks needed for the
Subtotal, Supplies and equipment $18,127.00
8. Printing and copying 300 Activity booklets with 10 color pages in each booklet
Subtotal, Printing and copying $86.00
9. Marketing and publicity N/A___________________________________________
10. Mailing/postage None
11. Telephone/fax None
Subtotal, Other None
12. TOTAL PROJECT EXPENSE $167,100.00
· Teaching students good decision-making skills.
· Showing students how to recognize and resist peer pressure.
· Giving students ideas for positive alternatives to drug use.
· Prevention and serving as an immunization against teen pregnancy, obesity, delinquency, youth violence, and gang membership