An ordinance revising the promotional procedures for the Columbus Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services; and for other purposes.
THE COUNCIL OF COLUMBUS, GEORGIA HEREBY ORDAINS:
Sec. 11-17.5. - Eligibility for promotions.
(b) For promotion to fire sergeant: To be eligible to participate in the promotional procedure for fire sergeant, the employee must hold:
(1) Hold a paramedic certification and/or an associate's degree (or equivalent two-year degree Ord. 06-87 Sec. 8 (c)) and a total of three continuous years of service or,
(2) Four additional years for a total of seven continuous years of service and
(3) A Firefighter/EMT-I, Firefighter/AEMT or Firemedic certification and
(4) successfully complete the Proficiency in Fire Apparatus Operations Test administered by the department's division of fire training.
(5) The requirements described in (3) shall not apply to those personnel that are within five years of their normal retirement date.
All ordinances and parts of ordinances in conflict with this ordinance are hereby repealed.
Introduced at a regular meeting of the Council of Columbus, Georgia, held on the 14th day of March, 2017; introduced a second time at a regular meeting of said council held on the ____ day of _________, 2017 and adopted at said meeting by the affirmation cote of ____ members of Council.
Councilor Allen voting ___________
Councilor Baker voting ___________
Councilor Barnes voting ___________
Councilor Davis voting ___________
Councilor Garrett voting ___________
Councilor Henderson voting ___________
Councilor Huff voting ___________
Councilor Thomas voting ___________
Councilor Pugh voting ___________
Councilor Woodson voting ___________
Tiny B. Washington Teresa Pike Tomlinson
Clerk of Council Mayor