The said City Business Improvement District is renewed pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 36-43-1 et seq., as amended, which authorizes consolidated governments to establish and renew city business improvement districts for the purpose of imposing assessments on real property for specified services to the district.
Petitioners have been filed from property owners representing more than 51% of the assessed value or more than 51% of the total property owners requesting the Columbus Council to renew such a district in the designated area, as outlined in the management plan attached hereto.
The legal boundaries of the city business improvement district and its three (3) benefit zones which will receive different levels of service, benefit and assessment are identified by the attached map and management plan.
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 36-43-1, the district plan for the provision of supplemental service to the District presented to the Columbus Council is hereby renewed and approved until amended by the Columbus Council. The governing body of district property owners shall make recommendations to the Columbus Council as to amendments to the district plan. The Finance Director or her designated representative shall serve as an ex-officio member of the governing body of the Business Improvement District to represent the Consolidated Government. The governing body of the Business Improvement District shall submit monthly financial statements to the Finance Director of the Consolidated Government for review and publication. The governing body of the Business Improvement District shall submit the budget for the Business Improvement District to the Columbus Council on an annual basis.
(1) A map of the district in sufficient detail to locate each parcel of property within the district.
(2) A description of the boundaries of the district, including the boundaries of any benefit zones.
(3) A description of the services to be provided.
(4) The time, manner and specific number of years in which assessment will be levied.
(5) A description of how the management district will be governed by the private sector management organization.