Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Commissioners Absent: Donna Hix
Ex-Officios Members Present: Brian Anderson, David Bevans, and Merri Sherman
Ex-Officios Members Absent: Richard Bishop, Cyndy Cerbin, Ross Horner, Isaiah Hugley, and Mayor Teresa Tomlinson
Staff Present: Peter Bowden, Shelby Guest, Linda Olvera, and Ashley Woitena,
Call to Order Dhan Parekh
· Lacy Harden, General Manager of the Candlewood Hotel, was introduced as a new Board member.
· FY 2016 Budget Revision -- Forecasting a shortfall in revenue from the hotel/motel tax for FY 2016, staff made recommendations to the Board to amend the budget reflecting a 10% decrease; it was pointed out that the reductions would not directly impact staff or the CVB’s program of work. Paul Pierce made a motion accept the proposal. Shelley Dean seconded the motion. A vote was taken and the motion passed.
· Sports Council Merger -- With the Sports Councils Board’s decision to decline the proposal to merge with the CVB and to remain independent, all bookkeeping and accounting services currently managed by the CVB will revert back to the Sports Council effective November 30, 2015. The Board was reminded that those bookkeeping services had originally been taken on by the CVB several years ago as a first step in a merger process.
· Abram’s Hall – Mr. Parekh updated the Board that Abrams Hall had officially opened and was being operated by IHG as of the end of October. Currently both military personnel and the general public are able to book rooms at the hotel. The Garrison Commander and the Department of Defense (DOD) have been contacted to inquire what organization/agency is responsible for tracking hotel operations to assure it was operating within the criteria provided during a recent DOD briefing.
· Sales Report (see attachment)
· Strategic Planning Meeting – the Board was reminded of the stakeholder meeting planned for January. There is to be a brief Board Meeting, from 3:00 to 3:30 PM, in order to take care of immediate CVB business, then adjourn in order to attend the workshop, from 3:30 to 5:00 PM. Both meetings will be at the Convention & Trade Center.
With no additional business, the meeting was adjourned at 4:20 p.m.