It is requested that Council authorize the purchase of Fifty (50) Tasers, plus related supplies, to include: holsters, battery packs, and Taser cartridges, from Taser International (Scottsdale, Arizona), in the amount of $53,192.75.
The Tasers and related supplies will be issued to new officers or used as replacement equipment for current officers. The Police Department will use the Tasers as an additional tool in the Less Lethal Program. Tasers provide an option that could prevent the necessity for “deadly force,” thereby possibly preventing serious injury to an officer, or a citizen taken into custody.
Taser International is the manufacturer of the Taser. Therefore, this purchase is considered an only know source procurement, per the Procurement Ordinance, Section 3-114.
Funds are available in the FY16 Budget: General Fund – Police – Support Services – Capital Expenditures Under $5,000; 0101 – 400 – 2200 – STAF – 7763.
· The firm provides a comprehensive in-house menu of services to include Risk Management, Risk Financing, and Claim Services. The firm’s departments include Commercial Property and Casualty, Surety Bonds, Employee Benefits, Individual Life & Health, Personal Insurance, Marketing, and Claims.
· The firm employs over 150 associates and has a premium volume in excess of $200 million.
· Yates, Woolfolk and Turner will assign seven (7) insurance professionals, with collectively over 150 years of experience, to handle the City’s account.
· Most of the firm’s carrier/agency agreements are preferred agent status. The firm has access to the top-tier wholesalers and a position with the London markets.
· Yates, Woolfolk and Turner has a wide range of large and complex property clients, including companies on the S&P 500 to large privately held organizations throughout the Southeast.
· Local clients include:
Councilor Allen voting __________.
Councilor Baker voting __________.
Councilor Barnes voting __________.
Councilor Buck voting __________.
Councilor Davis voting __________.
Councilor Henderson voting __________.
Councilor Huff voting __________.
Councilor Thomas voting __________.
Councilor Turner Pugh voting __________.
Councilor Woodson voting __________.
Tiny B. Washington, Clerk of Council Teresa Pike Tomlinson, Mayor
That the City Manager is hereby authorized to purchase two (2) mobile/automatic license plate readers, from Madden and Associates (Braselton, GA), in the amount of $40,960.00. The purchase will be accomplished by cooperative purchasing via GS federal contract, Schedule 84, contract #GS-07F-0004Y. Funds are available in the FY16 Budget: General Fund – Police – Field Operations - Capital Expend/Over $5,000; 0101 – 400 – 2300 – FILD – 7761.
That the City Manager is hereby authorized to purchase fifty MS Surface Pro tablets and accessories, from CDW-G (Vernon Hills, IL) in the amount of $51,495.50. The purchase will be accomplished, by cooperative purchasing, via National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA), Contract #100614-CDW-G. Funds are budgeted in the FY16 Budget: General Fund – Police – Investigative Services - Computer Equipment; 0101 – 400 – 3320 – INVS - 7751.