· Separate and detailed work flows were given for the service plan requirement. These were based on the type of service being performed.
· Provided the most reasonable rates, in addition to having a local office.
· GEC is a full-service engineering consulting firm with offices in Columbus, Lagrange and Macon, Georgia.
· GEC staff consists of over 50 staff members including professional engineers and geologists, project engineers and geologists, biologists, environmental specialists (including asbestos inspectors, lead-based paint risk assessors, a lead-based paint supervisor, lead-based paint abatement project designer, and several lead-based paint inspectors), drillers, environmental and engineering technicians, support staff, and administrative personnel.
· GEC has been under contract with Columbus Consolidated Government Since 2012.
· GEC’s client work history includes projects with: Housing Authority of Columbus, Georgia; Fort Benning Family Housing; City of Albany, Georgia, Department of Community and Economic Development; and City of Macon, Georgia/Bibb County Department of Economic & Community Development
· Firefighters diagnosed with cancer will also receive a disability benefit equal to 60% of their total salary as a paid firefighter, or $5,000 a month, whichever is less.
· The disability benefit may last up to 36 months and is subject to a six month waiting period from the time when it is determined that a firefighter can no longer perform the duties of his position.
· To be eligible for either benefit, the firefighter must have been employed with the department for a minimum of 12 consecutive months prior to the time of diagnosis.; and,